$200 HKD + Exam Fee* AUD12.50
*Exam Fee is paid via credit card on the Netball Australia site.
The Introductory Umpires Accreditation Level 1 Umpires Course is open to all members of the netball community and public. Preference will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following,
• are available and commit to umpiring Junior League (JNL) games to move along the NHKC Umpiring Pathway
• have attended Introduction to Umpiring and Rules Discussion (Pre-Level 1) + umpired team trainings
• are a member of a team/club that has no or few applicants for a course
• are on the waiting list from a previous Introductory Umpires Accreditation Level 1 Umpires Course
Successful applicants will be contacted after the registration deadline with the course fee payment process. Unsuccessful applicants will remain on the waiting list for future courses.
1. Level 1 – Theory Workshop
2. Netball Australia’s Online “Rules of Netball Theory Exam” (Passing Mark:70%) (Exam Fee: AUD12.50)
3. Level 1 – Practical Session
4. Umpire Junior League games (JNL). Start with U12/U14 with Support, when the Umpire Supporter deems you skilled enough you will move up to higher age groups (U14 > U16 > U 19) with or without Support until you are able to do U19 unsupported. You will then progress to the Ladies League with an Umpire Supporter for you first match.
5. HKNBL – Ladies League starts at Division 6, you will be listed as an Approved Umpire
6. When your skill has improved you can request Support and move up to a higher division as an Approved Umpire until you are Division 2/3 Approved, you may then go for your C Badge umpiring award
7. Badges go from C up to A and then International Accreditation