Junior Netball League
Update on: 22 Feb 2021
All LCSD subvented programs have been approved to resume from the 22nd of March 2021.
Please note that Wong Chuk Hang is again being used as a testing site and is unavailable so ALL GAMES WILL TAKE PLACE AT FA HUI PARK.
As previously communicated we will complete the outstanding matches from the Autumn league first. We have kept the same schedule as we had done for WCH. There is a quick turn around between games so please make sure you are organised, move off the court quickly and to your next game if it is scheduled immediately after. Now that we have an additional 4 courts available, please contact us if it makes more sense for a game to be moved to another time slot or if the Netta’s teams would like the extra games reinstated. Deadline for time changes or additional games to be added is 5th March, after which umpiring will be organised.
Updated Autumn Rescheduled games on 28/3:
Due to the uncertainty of restrictions we will again facilitate a round robin style tournament with half length games, with each team playing 2-3 mini games per week. We will schedule 4 weeks of games initially and if all dates are completed and restrictions allow we will extend for an additional two weeks.
Important things to note:
- Team applications must be submitted by 5pm on Friday 12th March 2021
- Team registration fees are due with the entry form on Friday 12th March 2021
- Individual player registrations are due by Friday 2nd April 2021 (Fees cover both Autumn and Spring leagues so this is only relevant for new players)
- We understand that some teams have lost quite a number of players plus we would like to provide as much opportunity as possible for the kids to play organised sports again, therefore for this tournament only we will allow players to be registered in more than 1 age group as long as they are eligible. However, it must be for the SAME club or for a school and a club. A player cannot play for 2 different clubs. E.g. a player from U14s can also play in an U16s team for the same club or their school. It is the coaches responsibility to ensure that it is safe (and enjoyable) for the player to participate in a higher division.
- We will again allow male players in U14s – U19s by request to the JNL Convenor that will be reviewed by the ExCom.
- Umpiring will cost $75 per game as per Autumn league
Dear Coaches, Schools and Convenors,
Due to Covid restrictions and court availability we are unable to run a normal Autumn Junior League, instead will host a fun round robin style tournament with multiple shorter games per day.
The schedule will be as follows:
To get this off the ground quickly we will require an indication of team numbers by Friday 23rd October, although we will allow further time to get the full team lists together. Team Fee will be HKD 150 per team and player registration is HKD 160 per person which as per previous years will be for both this tournament and the Spring League.
- Team name/age group submitted by Friday 23rd October with $150 team fee
- Full team lists of all players to be submitted by Friday 30th October with individual player fees
Submit your teams here: https://forms.gle/Wfpivgt3szSdRVUX6
- If school is cancelled, or if LCSD closes venues the tournament will be cancelled. Team fees will be non-refundable due to the administration of organising the tournament. Individual fees will be refunded after Spring league if players do not register.
- Social distancing and Covid-Safe restrictions will be announced prior to the tournament and it is expected all teams will abide by them.
- There will be flexibility given on uniforms due to the short notice for the tournament. Details to follow.
- Player Eligibility:
- U19’s born on or after 1st Jan 2002 (10 feet post)
- U16’s born on or after 1st Jan 2005 (10 feet post)
- U14’s born on or after 1st Jan 2007 (10 feet post)
- U12’s born on or after 1st Jan 2009 (10 feet post)
- U10’s born on or after 1st Jan 2011 (8 feet post) NETTA’s