Junior Netball League
We are hoping for blue skies tomorrow for our first round of Fixtures for the Autumn round of JNL! We are continuing to monitor the situation in Hong Kong but at this stage we are confident that games will proceed tomorrow at Tai Wan Shan Park.
Should HKNA deem that any external factors will pose safety concerns we will make a decision in line with the cancellation process* and notify club/school convenors on the registered email addresses.
We strongly recommend that convenors request all of their plaers to be accompanied at fixtures by a parent/guardian;Alternatively convenors/coaches will need to be responsible for their teams players.
IMPORTANT – JNL DISCLAIMER FORMS
We still have a large number of outstanding JNL Disclaimer forms. For all teams playing tomorrow, club/school convenors must collate all hard/soft copies and email 1 PDF gile per team with all disclaimers enclosed (disclaimers must be in the same order as the names listed in the submitted Form B team lists) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than 6pm today! If you have some but not all, please send those that you have and note only those players with completed forms can take the court. NO DISCLAIMER = NO PLAY
Please see below for Game Day Reminders. We appreciate your review and understanding of the process to ensure smooth running of the league.
* See JNL handbook and further notes below in this email.
Please stay up to date with fixtures via the Online Schedule.
Game Day Reminders
Please ensure you have read the JNL Handbook ahead of your first games.
Goal Post Setup/Pack Up
1. Teams playing in the first time slot are responsible for getting the goal posts from storage at the ground and putting them up on their designated court.
2. Teams playing in the last time slot for that court are responsible for putting their own goal posts away at the end of the game.
1. Each team is to bring their own equipment, such as balls, bibs, for the games.
2. All teams are advised to BRING THEIR OWN FIRST–AID kit and ICE and/or ICE PACKS.
1. The score sheets are placed on the clipboard designated to that court. That clipboard should be put back in the centre circle of the court at the end of the game and completed scorecard returned to JNL supervisor.
2. Please tick the names of the players who took the court for each game.
3. It is the responsibility of both teams to have one representative scoring (or sitting next to the person scoring) the official score sheet.
1. Teams requesting HKNA arrange their umpiring duty MUST provide HKNA staff on Desk Duty with $150 per umpire on arrival/before the start of their scheduled play.
2. Teams must make payment in exact $150 denomination per umpire (ie $100 note + $50 note) as this is handed directly to the assigned umpire. $500 and $1000 notes will NOT be accepted at the desk
3. Receipts will be issued to clubs as requested once payment is received.
Cancellation of matches
1. HKNA will make a call on the cancellation of matches owing to external factors as early as possible to avoid unnecessary travel – notification will be sent via email to the clubs/schools registered email address as well as posted on the HKNA Facebook page.
2. In the case of external factors that are likely to pose safety concerns (including adverse weather), an announcement will be made by 9:00AM on game day if play is to be cancelled. If after 9:00AM, safety issues arise, the JNL supervisor for that day will determine a decision as soon as possible and communicate this accordingly.
League Structure/ Schedule
Please refer to league handbook for details.
Dates: 26th October / 2nd November / 16th November 2019
Venue: Tai Wan Shan Park
1. Each Netta game will be 2 x 10 minutes halves with 4 minutes half time interval.
2. Each team is to provide ONE umpire for each game. The umpire may coach the players during the game as long as both teams agree to it. Please make sure the umpire knows the Nettas modified rules (See handbook)
Round Robin / Straight Finals and Bronze Medal Playoff
Finals: 30 November 2019
Venue: Tai Wan Shan Park and Fa Hui Park
Umpiring: Teams requesting HKNA arrange their umpiring duty MUST provide HKNA staff on Desk Duty with $150 per umpire on arrival/before the start of their scheduled play.
1. A maximum of TWELVE PLAYERS are allowed on the team list. Additional players must gain HKNA approval.
2. Team lists must be finalised by Week 2 of the competition.
3. Within the first 2 weeks, changes to team lists can be re-submitted without penalty
4. Team list changes (either adding or changing players)
5. AFTER Week 2 of the competition, will incur an admin fee of $200HKD. The fee will be the same regardless of the number of changes made.
6. After Week 2 of the competition, submitted players cannot be moved downwards, only up.
2019/2020 Season Fees
The following covers both Autumn and Spring Rounds:
Team Fee: HKD150.00 per team per competition
Player Fee: HKD160.00 per player
U19’s born on or after 1st Jan 2001 (10 feet post)
U16’s born on or after 1st Jan 2004 (10 feet post)
U14’s born on or after 1st Jan 2006 (10 feet post)
U12’s born on or after 1st Jan 2008 (10 feet post)
U10’s born on or after 1st Jan 2010 (8 feet post) NETTA’s
U8’s born on or after 1st Jan 2012 (8 feet post) NETTA’s
Complete Online Registration Form
Make Payment (Team Fee and Individual Player Fee)
Submit Team List (Form B)
Complete and submit Individual Player’s Disclaimer Forms
Registration deadline 22 September 6:00pm