In light of the pandemic-related challenges clubs and players continue to face in Hong Kong, we have decided to cancel Round 5 on Monday, 22 March 2021. This shall be treated like a wet weather cancellation meaning teams can opt for a draw (3 points each) or reschedule games (teams must organise umpires and venue). If any teams wish to play their match on Monday, 22 March, however, they may do so using the venue at which the game is already booked but arranging their own umpires. In this case, teams are requested to contact each other and notify HKNA of their intention to play by Friday, 19 March 2021.
The League will then resume on Monday, 5 April 2021 with Round 6. While HKNA does not control how clubs manage trainings, we strongly encourage clubs to proactively prepare players for match-level netball to avoid injury.
Please note the full schedule has been made available so teams can arrange umpires.
HKNA monitors the situation closely and will assess risk before each match date. HKNA places players’ well-being as its highest priority with the aim of also providing game time. We appreciate the feedback from the netball community and hope to see you back on court soon.
We hope that you are all well and safe and looking forward to the restart of the HKNA Ladies League. We refer to our message of 3 March and thank clubs for their timely notifications to us. All arrangements set out in our message of 3 March stand except as modified and updated by this message.
Currently we anticipate resuming next Monday 22 March. Updated Schedule could be viewed here. We are closely monitoring the situation and if circumstances change, we will notify Captains and Convenors as quickly as possible via email and broadcast. Any matches cancelled due to the pandemic situation will be treated like wet weather cancellations (see 3 March message). We know that, understandably, many clubs have suspended training. We encourage all individual players to prepare themselves physically as much as possible to avoid injuries once games resume.
Any updated team lists must be submitted by 5pm Friday 19th March and all team members and guest players must be registered on Sportlomo before taking the court.
Given that several teams have withdrawn and the reduction of matches, there are several changes to the draw and to the conclusion of the 20/21 League.
The new parameters are laid out below:
Any previous matches played against teams who have withdrawn will be reset so no points are allocated.
For any matches previously played for teams remaining in the league, points will stand.
In order for all remaining teams to have maximum court time, I have scheduled friendly matches between teams who have previously played each other.
There will be no points allocated for friendly matches.
Teams may include non team members without penalty.
Teams may choose not to play friendlies but MUST communicate this to opposition, designated umpires and HKNA. The $200 forfeiture fee will then be waived.
If teams fail to notify opposition, umpires and HKNA before the day of play, the $200 forfeiture fee will stand.
Teams must fulfil all umpiring and desk duties even if they choose not to play friendly matches. Standard penalties will apply.
Umpires for friendly matches do not have to be grade qualified.
Playoffs and semis.
Playoffs and semi-finals are scheduled for Saturday 1 May and Monday 3 May.
Top 4 teams in each division will play-off for the finals.
Team 1 v Team 4, Team 2 v Team 3.
All teams except Team 7 in Div 4 will play for a place.
Team 5 v 6 and Team 7 v 8
The Grand Finals are scheduled for Saturday 8 May at Fa Hui Park Recreation Ground.
Please contact us with any questions regarding the draw or the conclusion of the League.
The following message is IMPORTANT for ALL LADIES LEAGUE PARTICIPANTS. Please read in full.
1. Ladies League will resume on 22 March. The provisional schedule is:
Monday, 22 March (round 5)
Monday, 5 April (round 6)
Monday, 12 April (round 7)
Monday, 19 April (round 8)
Monday, 26 April (round 9)
Saturday, 1 May (final round for divs 3, 4; playoffs for divs 1, 2, 5, 6)
Monday, 3 May (playoffs for divs 3, 4)
Saturday, 8 May (finals)
2. All games will be played on outdoor courts.
3. We encourage teams to limit attendance at games to team members and two officials only, and not to invite any spectators. Teams are also urged to leave the venue immediately after their game.
4. Any spectators will be required to register their attendance through the LeaveHomeSafe app or by recording their contact details at the duty desk upon entry.
5. As per HKNA’s message of Friday, 26 February, all players shall complete registration on Sportslomo by 19 March, and in any case before
they can take the court on Monday, 22 March. All non-playing umpires and coaches shall also complete a Sportslomo registration by the same dates. The Sportslomo registration link is available here.
6. Clubs may only reschedule games in case of wet weather cancellations, in which case they are responsible for all arrangements (courts,
umpires etc). Any rescheduled games shall also be played on outdoor courts and in accordance with COVID-related restrictions applied by
HKNA for League games. Alternatively, teams may accept a draw in which case each team gets 3 points.
7. Any teams that require umpiring support should resubmit their request to Jenny Chadwick (email@example.com) by Tuesday, 16 March, even if they have already submitted a request, i.e., all requests need to be resubmitted.
8. HKNA’s COVID-19 Policy will apply to the Ladies League except where amended by the message. As per the policy, HKNA reserves the
right to cancel or postpone games to protect participant safety even if there are no Government or LCSD regulations requiring cancellation or postponement. Such a decision would be triggered, for example, by an exponential increase in cases and particularly in untraceable cases.
Close contact with a positive case
9. All participants should be aware that in case of “close contact” with a “positive case”, individuals may be subject to mandatory quarantine at a government facility (further information here). According to the Centre for Health and Protection, “close contact with a positive case” means being within one metre of a person with symptomatic laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 for a period of time (i.e., 15 minutes) without surgical masks. This is the basic principle but each case is assessed on a case-by-case basis and it may be applied stringently. For an outdoor netball game, it is possible that if one player on court is found to be a positive case, all players on that court (or more) could be subject to mandatory quarantine.
10. To lessen the risk of catching COVID-19 and/or being subject to mandatory quarantine, players may consider wearing masks even when playing outdoors. Teams may request other teams to wear masks during their games. If the other team does not agree and the requesting team wishes to forfeit the game, it must give HKNA at least 48 hours’ notice, failing which it will be subject to financial and points penalties for forfeit (as per section 10(g) of the Bylaws). If the forfeiting team gives more than 48 hours’ notice, it will only be subject to points penalties (i.e., 4 points for the non-forfeiting team; 0 points for the forfeiting team).
11. If any player, team or club wishes, however, to withdraw from the League for COVID-related reasons, their club shall notify HKNA by midnight, Wednesday, 10 March 2021, and where necessary submit a revised team list of players by that date. HKNA will finalise the League schedule after Wednesday, 10 March.
12. Please note:
a) No team shall be penalized for withdrawing by 10 March from the remainder of the League for COVID-related reasons;
b) Players may be moved to other teams in a club, but no player shall play down a division unless approved in advance by the League Convenor upon request;
c) If a player’s team withdraws from the League and they cannot play up, they may play in their division or higher for another club. It is up to the player and the original and other club to reach an agreement and to notify HKNA of arrangements as early as possible;
d) To be eligible to play in finals, a player must have played in the finals team at least 3 times (HKNA waives the requirement in section 12(f) of the Bylaws that the player must have played at least 6 games for the club).
e) Teams that withdraw at this stage shall not be entitled to a larger refund than those that do not. Any refund will be calculated at the end of the season and subject to the overall financial viability of HKNA.
Updates on the Uniforms Section:
a. New teams must submit their proposed uniform and colours on Form A to the HKNA Committee for approval at team registration. No team may have a uniform similar to the Hong Kong National Team, the colour combinations of which are dark navy/white and red/white.
b. All players in a team must be in same registered uniform which may be a dress or another form of sports uniform, e.g., singlet and shorts (all shorts must be pocketless).
c. Subject to the exceptions below, players may not wear extra items that are not part of the basic playing uniform, e.g., gloves, tracksuit pants. Umpires will ask players to remove any extra items before taking the court.
d. Players may wear (1) bikepants (above the knee) under their uniform; (2) extra clothing items upon presentation of a medical certificate as long as such items do not present an injury risk to other players; and (3) long tight-fitting athletic garments under their uniform when playing outside in cold conditions or if required for religious purposes. Bikepants and long tight-fitting athletic garments should either be entirely black or entirely the predominant colour of the uniform.
e. Subject to the By-Laws, players not in the same registered team uniform will not be able to take the court. Where a team has an alternate uniform registered, all players must wear the same predominant-coloured registered uniform to take the court.
f. A team has until the fourth round of the competition to ensure all players have the correct uniform. The League Convenor may grant an extension of time to clubs/teams upon receipt of a request in advance of the fourth round stating clearly the reason for the extension and a date by which teams will be in correct uniform.
g. The penalty for the team not playing in the correct uniform after the third round is a 1-point loss per match.
2020 – 21 香港投球總會認可裁判
雖然今年聯賽仍有上述不肯定因素，本會希望能預先準備，以應付聯賽能在短期進行。因此，香港投球聯賽報名截止日期為2020年9月11日星期五下午 5 點前。
2020-2021年度 LCSD 香港投球聯賽 費用如下︰
隊伍報名費︰每隊 港幣 1000 元 (轉帳至滙豐 411-811375-001)
隊伍按金︰ 每隊 港幣 600 元 (轉帳至滙豐 178-768966-001)
球員注冊費︰請下列相關費用 (轉帳至滙豐 178-768966-001)
請球會 或 球隊 一次性轉帳，本會恕不接受個人轉帳。
整季費用︰港幣 1113 元
半季費用︰港幣 670 元
整季費用︰港幣 337 元
半季費用︰港幣 219 元
本會將接受支票付款，支票抬頭為 ” Hong Kong Netball Association Limited ” 。
因上述費用需轉帳至不同銀行帳戶，請球會 或 球隊 就上述 3 筆付款(隊伍報名費、隊伍按金和球員注冊費)分別使用單獨的支票。